Store the floorboards in their packaging and open the bundles in sequence with the installation
General requirements:- the relative humidity must be lower than 60%;
Subfloor requirements:- uneven concrete floors must be leveled using a leveling compound (a primer);
Problem: Subfloors consisting of newly cast concrete joists or lightweight concrete joists, ground-supported concrete floors, over crawl space foundations or over an underfloor heating system.
Solution: lay 0.2 mm age-resistant polythene sheeting with an overlap of at least 200 mm. It will protect the subfloor from moisture. Then lay an underlay.
Installation:1. Begin in one corner and install from left to right with the bottom lip out towards the room. You can install the boards from right to left and vice versa.
2. Press the next floor board at an angle to the first and lay it down. Continue in the same way with the rest of the first row.
3. Cut the final board in the first row to the correct length and begin the next row with the piece that was left over. The boards' end joints are staggered by at least 500 mm (at least 300 mm when installing 1.2 meter boards).
4. Press the floor board at an angle to the board in front. Knock lightly with the hand block while carefully pressing the board down.
5. Push in a Kahrs installation key under the board you have already installed at the short end.
6. Press in the next board's short end at an angle and lay down the long side.
7. Remove the installation key and knock lightly with the hand block on the long side while at the same time carefully pressing the board down and it will move into place more easily.
8. The floor's distance to the walls can be adjusted when three rows have been laid. Place keys between the floor and wall. The keys must be removed once the installation of the floor is complete.
9. Saw the last board row to the correct width. Lay the last board on top of the next-to-last board with an approximately 5 mm allowance from the wall. Mark the saw cut. Install the sawn board. Do the same with the next one.
Problem: Narrow rooms (for floors < 6 m wide).
Solution: Lay the boards in the long direction. Allow a 10 mm movement joint next to walls and fixed objects.
Problem: Large rooms (when the floor is wider than 18 m).
Solution: The floor must be divided with an expansion joint.
Specific requirements for wood floors over underfloor heating:
The whole floor area must be heated (except systems, which complement ordinary heating). The surface temperature of the finished floor must never exceed 27°C at any point. A vapour barrier must be built into the floor construction, as close to the wood floor as possible. The vapour barrier must never be underneath the joist structure. Ensure that there are no air gaps between the wood floor and the surface beneath, as this could cause the wood to dry out.
A primer – a sort of surface grounding, used to ensure a good bond by gluing.
A vapour barrier – a sheet that protects from moisture, i.e. prevents the diffusion of moisture (moisture migration) between different building materials. Lacquer and underlay are suitable for this purpose.
A concrete floor – a foundation for the flooring. Its thickness is at least 4-5 cm. Let it dry off two weeks per cm of concrete floor’s thickness.
Scraping – processing a surface after the floor installation with the aim to make it (the surface) smooth and clean by removing all the depressions, scratches and unevenness.
A subfloor – a multi-layer construction between the structural floor and the wood floor.Leader-Parquet Company is ready to offer you its competent services of wood floors’ installation: from the subfloor’s preparation (concrete floor, leveling, etc.) to finishing off (treatment with lacquer, oil, wax, etc.).
The company "Kahrs" is found. Today, the Kahrs group is world’s biggest wood flooring manufacturer. Having worked with wood for 150 years, the company knows that the best natural parquet is about. This is not only a parquet floor, but…
Your home will be a magic place for you. Only here you can have a rest, relax and have a good time. It will be easier to breathe here! You will take pleasure in walking barefoot around the house. And deep and warm colours of your wood floor will meet the eye.